Hand, Upper Extremity and Microvascular Surgery
Professor Emeritus, University of California, San Francisco
Dr. Edward Diao is an esteemed, board-certified orthopaedic surgeon in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in hands and upper extremity. He has offices located in San Francisco and Oakland where he sees patients of all ages and uses in-house imaging services e.g. Fluoroscan and Ultrasound to provide patients with immediate diagnoses.
Dr. Diao provides the highest level of care to patients by adhering to the strict principles of "evidence based medicine." This is accomplished by integrating his clinical and surgical expertise with the best available scientific evidence from recently published systematic research.
Dr. Diao is an expert in the treatment of conditions involving the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. His particular interest is in managing the most complex conditions and cases where revision or re-do surgery is required.
His specialty includes the treatment of:
- Bone Fractures and Joint Disorders in Adults and Children
- Arthritis of the Hand, Wrist, and Elbow
- Sports related injuries in Adults and Children
- Industrial and work related injuries
- Nerve and small vessel disorders
- Congenital limb deformities
- Upper limb tumors
Dr. Diao is available for in-office consultations:
- Monday: 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am to 12:00pm (Oakland Office)
- Thursday 8:30am to 4:00pm
Please call our office at (415) 362-8880 to schedule an appointment or